Thursday

Do: Massage (Amret Spa)

It's been a busy week.  One of those weeks where I can't really figure out why it's been so busy.  All I know is I've been falling into bed each night exhausted and feeling like there's still so much to do. There's only one thing to do in a week like that, and that is take some time out for massage.  

Massages must be one of my favourite things about living in Phnom Penh.  Before we moved here I'd been to a spa for a massage twice (both times were gifts).  It was lovely, but so expensive, not really something I could justify doing on a regular basis.

But here massages are an affordable indulgence.  You can get massage for about $4, but I choose to pay a bit more than that to be able to go to a spa and enjoy the atmosphere as well.  We usually head to Amret Spa on Street 57 (just around the corner from Sihanouk Boulevard) mainly because its convenient, reasonably priced and pleasant.

As I've only ever had two massages before coming here, I don't claim to really be an expert on what a good massage is, and to be honest I'm looking for a relaxing rather than a therapeutic experience, but I always leave Amret nice and relaxed.


If you're looking for value I recommend the Back and Shoulder Massage ($10 for 60 mins), which is purely a relaxation massage.  If you're looking for something a bit more serious the deep tissue massage is $18 for 60 mins and is a full body massage, I also like the aromatherapy massage which is slightly less intense than the deep tissue massage.

They often have special deals as well, a couple of days when we went they had a 90 min deep tissue massage for the price of 60 mins.  What could be more relaxing than a 90 minute massage??

There's also a variety of scrubs, baths and facials if that's what you're after.




How cool is this sink?  I want one!


I think the complimentary tea that is waiting for you after your massage might be one of the yummiest teas I've ever had. I'm not sure exactly what's in it, but it has a kind of vanilla flavour that is almost sweet.  The Boy's not into it so I always drink his too!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...